On Thursday, July 17, 2014, from 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), the Constitutional Law Committee of the ABA's Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER), will present a teleconference on "Supreme Court Year in Review: The Environmental Cases." Alexander Bandza, an associate in Jenner & Block's Environmental and Workplace Health & Safety Law practice group, will moderate the teleconference, which will feature private sector and academic representatives discussing the following four environmental cases in the 2013-2014 U.S. Supreme Court term:
- CTS Corp. v. Waldburger, covered by Prof. Alfred Light, St. Thomas University School of Law;
- EPA v. EME Homer City Generation, covered by Elizabeth Wydra, Chief Counsel, Constitutional Accountability Center;
- Marvin M. Brandt Revocable Trust v. US, covered by Prof. Danaya Wright, Clarence J. TeSelle Endowed Professor, University of Florida, Levin College of Law; and
- Utility Air Regulatory Group v. EPA, covered by Shannon Broome, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.
Advance registration is required. Register now by completing this RSVP. Please register no later than Wednesday, July 16. Phone lines are limited, so register early.
By: Alexander Bandza
As we previously reported, several Jenner & Block EHS lawyers authored chapters in the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education's (IICLE) publication titled Environmental Law in Illinois Corporate and Real Estate Transactions 2014 Edition. The electronic (PDF) versions of these chapters are now available online:
- Chapter 3, Environmental Considerations in Corporate and Real Estate Transactions, E. Lynn Grayson, Jenner & Block LLP, Chicago;
- Chapter 4, Lender Liability Under Environmental Laws for Real Estate and Corporate Transactions, Gabrielle Sigel and Alexander J. Bandza, Jenner & Block LLP, Chicago;
- Chapter 5, Illinois Environmental Forums, Steven M. Siros and Seth J. Schriftman, Jenner & Block LLP, Chicago; and
- Chapter 10, Treatment of Environmental Obligations in Bankruptcy, Christine L. Childers, First American Bank, Elk Grove Village, and Keri L. Holleb Hotaling, Jenner & Block, Chicago.
The entire publication is available from IICLE here.